Designed to efficiently extract air trapped in pipes, filters, tanks and other places where unwanted air might cause performance problems.
The air release valves are located at the outlet of pipes whose slope varies according to the hydraulic gradient, in areas where pipes are located above ground level, in long pipes with uniform slope, at the input of measuring instruments, the output of reducing valves, in diameter reductions, pumps, filtration systems, and on both sides of a subterranean crossing road.
For correct operation, the valve should always be in a vertical position.
It is recommended to install a manual ball valve under the ARV, in order to make maintenance and repair operations easier without shutting the whole system.
- Extracts air from small pipes as they fill. When water reaches the inside of the valve, the float rises and seals the discharge outlet.
- Maintains automatically and continuously its function of eliminating any residual air pockets reaching the valve, as the float immediately drops and the closure outlet is partly or totally opened. Water pressure does not interfere with this function.
- Prevents small pipes from collapsing. At the smallest decrease in pressure, the float drops and opens the seal allowing outside air to enter the pipe immediately.
- The valve has one seal, which expels both kinetic and residual air automatically, and this function is not affected by water pressure.
- Simple in design, with only 5 parts, it’s easy to disassemble for maintenance and cleaning when needed.
- Its exclusive Y-shaped discharge outlet design allows a much greater air flow than other valves of this type, in both the discharge and the intake phases.
- Owing to a perfect fit, the valve is totally sealed, even at very low pressures.
- The body is red, making it easily visible.
- Continuous and automatic operation.
- At least 70 m3/h (41,2 CFM) of air released without shutting the valve in the absence of water
- Released air volume is at least 15 m3/h (8,8 CFM) at 10 mWc (14,2 PSI).
- Maximum working pressure 16 kg/cm2 (225 PSI).
- Body and base made of fibreglass-reinforced polyamide.
- Treated for protection from UV radiation.
- 1″M base thread. Optional base in BSP or NPT & plastic or brass ARV-1″-A(B)
Description: Suction cup with plastic base for continuous or automatic operation
Base thread: 1 “Male with BSP or NPT thread options
The volume of evacuated air: At least 70 m³ / h without closing the valve, in the absence of water.
Volume of air capable of extracting: 15 m³ / h at 10 m.c.a.
Pressure range: 0.5-16Kg / cm²